Friday 22 July 2011

O! Valencia

As I write I am speeding through the Spanish mountains on a comfy air conditioned train from Valencia to Alicante. There has been *alot* of travelling this week.

The journey started off in a little Spanish town in the middle of Spain, may I add the hottest part... Which my ginger freckled skin did not agree with. The week was spent in a villa with various members of my loverboys family... Sitting by a pool sipping cruz campo and alhambra beers enjoying pool side japes and wonderful scenery, add in a couple of pain in the arse flys, wasps, sun stroke and a hint of montezuma's revenge... I set a beautiful scene don't I. In case that isn't doing it for you here's some pictures








































































The purpose of being isolated in this beautiful part of the world was for a wedding of my boyfriends cousins... Fun to say the least and not without the dramas!

After the first week we set off to beautiful Valencia for a week of sightseeing, tapas, and fun! The first days were a bit poop... Literally!

We had a look about, got lost and ended up with blisters on my feet!

In all we visited Valencia Cathedral and seen some gruesome stuff, like a martyrs preserved arm in a casket and bits of saints hearts in sculptures of them, there was beautiful architecture, art and statues. I'm not religious, but I definitely appreciate how beautiful it was, also seen the holy grail! Not that spectacular. A stone cup!

We visited a modern art gallery where I got to see a Paul Klee painting, along with a Ross Bleckner ( you might recognise that name from Sex & The City when Charlotte goes on a date with a guy who owns one of his paintings and Samantha ends up going home with him)... And got to see a lovely Lazlo Maholy-Nagy painting, definitely excited me!
Got a glimpse of a beautiful building which was once a silk exchange and a Unesco Trade building. So many beautiful art nouveau buildings.

One day we took a longer walk to the arts and sciences park... We were exhausted when we got there, it boasted some
Amazing modern architecture inspired by nature. The science museum wasn't that great inside, maybe good for kids. Was not worth the money.

Next to the arts and science centre is a beautiful Opera house, second to the Sydney opera house... In my opinion the architecture was far more superior and stunning.

We had then went on to the oceanografic which was an amazing array of sea creatures, we got to see manitees hugging, artic penguins and their baby's, amazing sharks, seals and turtles. Most amazing of all was the Beluga Whale, it was amazing it had these eyes that looked at you and had such emotion, and this smile that just made you light up inside. Part of me felt a bit sad at being caged, I was informed however that they are rescued animals who are very well looked after and some are released after their rehabilitation. I don't know how true this is.
Also seen the outside of the Plaze del Torres where infamous bullfights take place, we were considering going to see one that night but I don't know how I feel about seeing that so we decided against it.

On our last day in Valencia we found lots of amazing wee boutiques, rockabilly shops ad galleries much to my excitement, I went ott in MAC with my credit card and had the best tapas of the holiday in this little bar recommended on the lonely planet guide! We had seasonal mussels in this amazing sauce... And I ultimately had one to many Cuba libre!

Valencia also had some fantastic graffiti which I took plenty of photos of!










The view from the hotel


Lots of graffiti
































































The valencia cathedral










Amazing architecture


















Plaza Del Torres










My mac attack











My next blog i will update on the creative side of things which i will get to do more of as i will be working only 3 days a week

Hope everyone is great and taking in their world!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Location:Av de Menéndez Pidal,Valencia,Spain